[Vision2020] 8 Things You Didn’t Know About The History Of Idaho

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Dec 31 08:19:48 PST 2021

We all know that Idaho is a pretty unique state (in our minds, it’s the most special state in the entire country). That’s why we love getting to know everything we can about the great state of Idaho. If you’re a longtime resident of the Gem State, you probably think you know all there is to know about our state. However, you might be surprised to find that there are some little-known facts about Idaho history that you’ve probably never heard of before. Read about these 8 bizarre facts below and see how many are new to you!

1. Idaho used to be a rectangle. Boring!

2. Latah County is the only county in the U.S. that was created by an act of Congress.

3. Idaho was the real Wild West. Butch Cassidy even made a stop here.

4. Volcanoes are to thank for our world-famous potatoes.

5. We weren't originally called Idaho.

6. President Theodore Roosevelt established Caribou National Forest.

7. Idaho allowed women to vote long before the 19th Amendment.

8. The Idaho Lieutenant Governor was once kidnapped!

Complete article (with photos)
https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/idaho/facts-idaho-history-id/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=idaho&utm_campaign=newsletter&lctg=0000000002170558&utm_content=nlbuttonB3

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy