[Vision2020] Woodstock, 1969

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Apr 22 05:00:36 PDT 2021

Woodstock, 1969

Author unknown

Friday, August 15, 1969

So came the vividly-stoned and shoeless
who ran roughshod with brave opposition
and the barriers placed became viewless.

Day one headlined for the folk musician.
Up first there played Havens strumming his tune.
The crowd swayed in hypnotic submission.

Nude and delighted they danced for the moon,
and spun for the rain that fell from the sky,
unaware of storm’s torrent coming soon.

Saturday, August 16, 1969

Mescaline barkers peddling their high,
the mud smelled of hashish, two inches deep,
and spiders of psyche infested mind’s eye.

Day two was heavy for those short of sleep,
then Janice gave voice to her Kosmic Blues,
and the crowd bawled wild as Barbary sheep.

See me, feel me, I’m listening to you,
my song feeds your hunger, our lyrics fill .
If you haven’t guessed yet, we're “The Who.”

Sunday, August 17, 1969

One pill makes you larger, and what a pill
it was. That old white rabbit sung so true.
A melody warbled and howled to thrill.

With nowhere to sleep, no substance to chew,
but for the purple ones passed with a kiss,
the hungry were lost and death came to two.

Music and mayhem and unbroken bliss
though hamstrung with technical tortures be,
the Dead were less Grateful, lost in remiss.

Three days of music and peace for the free,
Jimi spangled the stars, ending the spree.

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy