[Vision2020] 25 Jan. 2021: Greta Thunberg's message to world leaders at #DavosAgenda

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 21:20:04 PDT 2021

Greta Thunberg's message to world leaders at #DavosAgenda | World Economic
Forum (weforum.org)
<https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/greta-thunberg-message-to-the-davos-agenda/>

An excerpt from Greta Thunberg's statement at website above:

"Today, we hear leaders and nations all over the world speak of an
“existential climate emergency”. But instead of taking the immediate action
you would in any emergency, they set up vague, insufficient, hypothetical
targets way into the future, like “net-zero 2050”. Targets based on
loopholes and incomplete numbers. Targets that equal surrender. It’s like
waking up in the middle of the night, seeing your house on fire, then
deciding to wait 10, 20 or 30 years before you call the fire department
while labeling those trying to wake people up alarmists."

We understand that the world is very complex and that change doesn’t happen
overnight. But you’ve now had more than three decades of bla bla bla. How
many more do you need? Because when it comes to facing the climate and
ecological emergency, the world is still in a state of complete denial. The
justice for the most affected people in the most affected areas is being
systematically denied.

Even though we welcome every single climate initiative, the proposals being
presented and discussed today are very far from being enough. And the time
for “small steps in the right direction” is long gone. If we are to have at
least a small chance of avoiding the worst consequences of the climate and
ecological crisis, this needs to change.