[Vision2020] Going Back One More Time

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Oct 30 05:04:08 PDT 2020

Going Back One More Time

(author unknown)

Sixties was a time when spirit was free
floating along, just clouds and me
youth decided not to play the game
nothing in the world would ever be same

Being forced into wars, had to cease
greatest word ever appeared, peace
advancements, took burden off women
could see light in their eyes, when pill happen

Chanting 'burn the bra,' wearing little mini skirts
nobody couldn't say anything when a girl flirts
wonderful to see woman have a choice
little scary as they found their voice

Kennedy’s killed, watched cities burn
citizens forgotten, now wanting their turn
then came signing of bill of human rights
amazing space race, with moon flights

Vietnam skirmish showed nightly on TV
Brinkley put up the totals of casualties
look at death, as kids cried, in that dirty little war
citizens rose up, said we ain’t taking it no more

Beatles came with sound,  making girls scream
words so different we lived in a submarine
with  fuse lite, door opened for rock and roll
dimping along to sound of Motown soul

Old folks freaked with youth smoking pot
didn’t bother me a bit, was smoking a lot
if you wanted out, there were hippie communes
lay around, being cool, listen to favorite tunes

Saw Bewitched, Elly May, Ginger,  Mary Ann
Jeannie in a bottle made me a nightly fan
was no cable, used antennas to watch big three
couldn’t talk long distance, carried a hefty fee

Big brother, just a mean bully with a stick
every election, was one of two white men to pick
rich kids got choice, where to be employed
unions disturbed wealth, middle class overjoyed

Down on farm, gathered for Woodstock
after that, all of world heard of rock
sadness came with Charles Manson and his flock
left even harden souls in state of shock

In sports, was the greatest, Mohammed Ali
hands moved so fast, hard to see
Super Bowl won by Namath and Jets
even crazier, World Series won by New York Mets

Sixties were special, never happen again
free love, free spirit, free ideas, had to come to end
time when 'peace' was the only message to send
we could be totally different and be a best friend.

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy