[Vision2020] A Thanksgiving Blessing

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Nov 20 05:07:12 PST 2020

A Thanksgiving Blessing
by Rick W. Cotton

It's cold outside, but it's warm in my heart.
And the gray fall sky is His work of art.
Laden and low, quiet and still,
November is welcome, and my eyes drink their fill

Of brown-gray grass and red-orange leaves,
Of pavement winding through the strong, stately trees.
Down the hill, past the barn, past the gate, up the lane,
The house with bright candles in each window pane.

Now I step inside; oh, it's warm! Oh, that smell!
Hot turkey roasting, potatoes done well!
Sweet, spicy cider, and warm winter wine
Cranberry sauce - Oh! - the flavors - divine!

The smiles and hugs are so warm and sweet.
In this cold gray November, a Thanksgiving treat.
I do love it all and am so thankful; yes,
For this lovely season...I am truly blessed.

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy