[Vision2020] Sonnet for Peace

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Nov 4 05:43:53 PST 2020

Sonnet for Peace

by Mark Odea

With the power to destroy in a breath,
can we not hear the voices of reason;
listen to memories darkened by death,
and reignite humanities season.
From the cities crushed by new inventions,
were born the cries for an era of peace;
from the dust that has choked generations,
we must create a world where wars will cease.
We look to the past for inspiration,
the words of the Hibakusha our script;
their stories must act to light our passion,
never to fade like a fleeting eclipse.
Should our world suffer our stubbornness,
why not gift it our infinite brightness?

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy