[Vision2020] Forest Delights

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun May 31 05:03:56 PDT 2020

“Forest Delights” by Belinda Stotler

Leaves fluttering on a gentle breeze,
Within the forest of whispering trees,
Makes sunlight gracefully dance there,
Upon the ground and everywhere.
Dappling streams with sparkling light,
Catching the colors of birds in flight,
Giving flowers a lovely surreal glow,
Rousing our spirits with nature's show.

Nightfall gives the forest a mysterious allure
As trees become shadows of what they were;
Soon a chorus arises deep in forest thickets,
From the croaking frogs and chirping crickets,
Blending in the whip-poor-wills' lonely calls,
With the owls' echoing pleas in forest halls,
As fireflies scatter light upon a dark palette,
All beneath the mystic forest's starlit coverlet.

Nature's melodic sounds are sure to enthrall,
As life's songs peal within a forest cathedral.
Nature adds the wind's timbre with a breeze,
Or the rain's resonating rhythm through leaves.
Merging with rippling sounds of forest streams,
All serenading restless minds into daydreams
That comforts those who seek refuge there.
If only they'll listen while in the forest's care.

Thoughts become gentle among natural sights,
While our spirits entwine with forest delights,
Enticing us to hear life's natural gifts of mirth,
Inviting us to see the wondrous beauty of Earth,
As nature stirs feelings some cannot determine;
Yet, the subtle answers lie in a forest's sermon,
Urging us to listen to instincts we once knew,
To walk lightly on Earth as other creatures do.

http://www.TomandRodna.com/MoscowCares

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy