[Vision2020] Obama Unworried About Trump Accusing Him of Crime Because Bill Barr Does Not Prosecute Criminals (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue May 12 09:21:55 PDT 2020

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/obama-unworried-about-trump-accusing-him-of-crime-because-bill-barr-does-not-prosecute-criminals

———————————————-
Obama Unworried About Trump Accusing Him of Crime Because Bill Barr Does Not Prosecute Criminals

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Former President Barack Obama said on Monday that he is unconcerned about Donald Trump accusing him of “the greatest crime in American history” because Attorney General Bill Barr does not prosecute criminals.

“At first, when I heard that he was accusing me of being the worst criminal ever, I have to admit I was a little rattled,” Obama said. “But then I remembered Barr’s don’t-prosecute-crimes policy, and I was pretty chill about it.”

Obama said that he was unsure what crime Trump was accusing him of committing, “but I’m pretty sure I never lied to the F.B.I. or anything as serious as that—so I’m good.”

The former President said that, if it turns out that he did commit a crime, “I’ll immediately admit that I did it, because, if history is any guide, the next thing that will happen is me not getting prosecuted.”

Reflecting on how the Department of Justice might view his illegal actions, whatever they were, Obama said, “This is an awesome time to be a criminal.”

http://www.TomandRodna.com/MoscowCares

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy