[Vision2020] Caturday (June 6, 2020)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jun 6 05:44:26 PDT 2020

 "When you sign up to foster, you know it's going to be hard when the time comes to say goodbye. With Linda, it was even more difficult because we've gone on such a journey with her, and she is truly a special little cat". Welcome to Caturday.

Courtesy of Metro News (London, England) at:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/04/cat-who-was-dumped-just-plate-tortilla-chips-finds-forever-home-12805265/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

——————————————

Cat who was dumped on a doorstep with just a plate of tortilla chips finally finds a forever home

If you’re someone who voraciously reads all and any stories about cats, you’ll remember sweet kitty Linda, who was found dumped on a stranger’s doorstep with nothing but a plate of tortilla chips to eat. Linda and her five-month-old kitten were ditched in a carry case on a stranger’s doorstep in 2019. Thankfully the member of the public who found the pair of cats called Mayhew Animal Home, who were able to send out their animal welfare officers to help. They brought the two cats into the shelter and Linda’s kitten, who staff named Stella, was quickly adopted.

Poor Linda was shaken up by her ordeal and showed signs of stress, hiding away from anyone who came near to her. This made it difficult to find her a permanent family, and so to help Linda become comfortable with human contact she was moved into a foster home.

Now, over a year later, she’s finally found a forever family. Alissa Johnson started fostering Linda over a year ago, and said that when the cat first moved in she was extremely shy and nervous. But after months of patience and gentle care, Linda started to come out of her shell and learned to trust again. ‘It took Linda a good few months to really settle in with us,’ says Alissa. ‘Even the smallest, sudden noises would worry or scare her, so we were careful to be patient and understanding. ‘We would give her her own space and let her choose when to come up to us for cuddles and attention, and created a few spaces around the house where she could hide if she felt she needed to.

Though naturally, she chose her own ‘safe spot’, on an old Christmas jumper in the back of the wardrobe! ‘Once she realised she could trust us, Linda began to show us more of her adorable, sweet personality. ‘She went through a couple of medical issues when she was with us, and one night after spending a day at the vets, she slept on my chest all night. That was when I knew she’d decided we were okay.’ Despite Linda’s incredible progress, her road to adoption was paved with a few more troubles. Unfortunately, she experienced a couple of unexpected medical scares which delayed her rehoming progress, but luckily Alissa was all too happy to continue looking after her until she was better.

When Linda was finally given the go-ahead to go up for adoption, it was a bittersweet moment for her proud foster carer. It took a few tries to match Linda with the perfect person, but this week, finally, Linda was welcomed into her permanent home by her forever family, who have renamed her Minnie.

———————

Photos . . .

http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Caturday/Caturday_060620_01.jpg
Linda was thrown in a cat carrier with her five-month-old kitten and dumped on someone’s doorstep, with just a plate of tortilla chips for her survival.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Caturday/Caturday_060620_02.jpg
While her kitten, Stella, was quickly adopted, Linda found it difficult to trust humans and was still traumatised from her experience.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Caturday/Caturday_060620_03.jpg
She was placed in a foster home so she could become comfortable around people again.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Caturday/Caturday_060620_04.jpg
Now, she’s finally found her forever home.

Caturday” by Linus Petit
http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Caturday/Caturday_by_Linus_Petit.mp3

http://www.TomandRodna.com/MoscowCares

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy