[Vision2020] Commends Lambert

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jul 12 05:03:20 PDT 2020

Show your neighbors that you care . . . Mask-up, Moscow!

Courtesy of today’s (July 12, 2020) Lewiston Tribune with thanks to Diane Baumgart, Kathy Dawes, and the 351 other people who signed this letter.

———————————————

Commends Lambert

We applaud Moscow Mayor Bill Lambert’s emergency health order mandating masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19. ...

Our cases have recently spiked dramatically. Wearing masks has been shown to slow the spread. When we talk, sing, yell, raise our voice, cough or sneeze, liquid droplets encasing the virus come from our mouth and nose. Simply blocking them reduces the risk of spreading the virus. Recently, huge gatherings of people have occurred without following recommended precautions. It appears the honor system of abiding by guidelines is not working.

To those who say, “Masks are only good for sick people,” it’s hard to know who is sick. People can be infected and not feel sick, inadvertently transmitting this virus without even knowing it. In fact, the most infectious period is 48 hours before symptoms appear.

To those who say, “Wearing a mask takes away my freedoms,” remember our freedom and rights come with responsibilities. ...

Wear a mask because you care about your health and the health of others. Wear a mask because you have freedoms and accompanying responsibilities. Wear a mask because economic viability will not be possible if COVID-19 cases continue to increase.

Lambert’s emergency order is well-reasoned, follows recommendations of knowledgeable epidemiologists, and offers flexible and reasonable, situation-specific guidelines to diminish the spread of COVID-19 in our community without excessively limiting our interactions and businesses. The order is within the jurisdiction of the mayor’s governing power and is a measure that hopefully can prevent additional, more restrictive orders.

Diane Baumgart and Kathy Dawes
Moscow
(Another 351 people signed this letter)

http://www.TomandRodna.com/MoscowCares

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy