[Vision2020] When the Preacher Came to Town

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jul 11 04:58:40 PDT 2020

“When the Preacher Came to Town”
by Ted Ottinger (Linda Pike’s brother)

One day this preacher came into our quiet little town.
He rubbed his hands together and looked all around.
He said, "I like this place, I think I will stay.
The citizens didn't know what to say.
And I'm going to bring everyone in my flock.
The mayor and council were in absolute shock.
There was no stopping them now.
They were taking over Moscow..
Not that Moscow of Russian fame long ago,
But the Moscow here in Idaho.
These people didn't know when to stop.
They bought up every store and shop.
They opened up their own schools,
Made up their own strange rules.
Oh, they were right wing to their very core,
Preaching against women's rights and even more.
We were afraid our very way of life would fall
When they tried to take over city hall.
Then one day Covid 19 hit our town,
So everyone began wearing our masks all around.
But on these intruders not one mask could be found.
"We're protected by the blood of Jesus they cried,
Up until several of their followers died.

http://www.TomandRodna.com/MoscowCares

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy