[Vision2020] Stand Strong

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Dec 25 05:05:49 PST 2020

Courtesy of today’s Lewiston Tribune with special thanks to Joann Muneta.

————————————————-

Stand Strong

The recent swastika-defacing of our precious Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial in Boise was disgusting, horrendous and a disgrace to the reputation of Idaho as being “too great for hate.”

The message appended to the swastikas that “we are everywhere”— meaning the neo-Nazis — serves as an important reminder to all of us of the vital need for vigilance, education and action to defend human rights, while opposing anti-Semitism, racism, and all forms of bigotry and hatred.

Members of the Latah County Human Rights Task Force are responding to this incident by sending contributions to the Wassmuth Center for Human Rights in Boise (wassmuthcenter.org), to help with its valuable work. Others may want to join in this effort. Let us be united and active in the cause for justice for all, including human rights organizations, religious organizations, civic and social organizations, political organizations and all Idaho individuals.

We, too, are everywhere.

Together we can stand strong and make a difference.

Joann Muneta
Chairwoman, Latah County Human Rights Task Force
Moscow

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy