[Vision2020] A reminder . . .

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 20:41:02 PST 2020

This "city song for Moscow" offer instantly reminded me of this "Infamous
Angel" album song by Iris Dement:  *Our* *Town*.

However much this deeply heartfelt music expresses the soulful truth about
the loss of small town America, which certainly applies to the loss of the
character of Moscow, Idaho that I knew in the late 1960s, this song is far
too sad for what I assume is the more "positive" message sought.

But for crying out loud, that Keevy Hazelton song referenced is sentimental
slop compared to the magnificent Iris Dement singing her composition "Our
Town!"

Iris DeMent - Our Town - YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRfzAWUf3W4>

Lyrics here:

Iris DeMent – Our Town Lyrics | Genius Lyrics
<https://genius.com/Iris-dement-our-town-lyrics>

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

This offer remains in effect . . .