[Vision2020] Invasion of Freedom

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Aug 22 04:59:48 PDT 2020

“INVASION OF FREEDOM”
by Gloria Sarasin
Before the flag, I pledge allegiance,
While placing my hand upon my heart,
But today is no longer like before
As we watch our freedom falling apart.

No longer free to soar the skies of blue
Or leisurely walk to collect our mail.
Bombs now planted everywhere;
Where, oh, where, did our country fail?

Did we give to others way too much,
Depriving our people here at home?
Should we have just closed our eyes
To all the suffering; a poverty syndrome?

Industrial Revolution, the great need for oil,
Protecting our interest both here and abroad.
Send our soldiers to die in a war for the cause
But is it ourselves that we thus defraud?

We need our two and three cars apiece
And don't talk about any of us giving up ease.
So when it comes to our interests that we protect,
Could it be our greediness that we appease?

Go out and spend and don't save a penny,
For if you do, the economy will plunge;
So go out and buy that brand new car
And back into debt, for the economy, lunge.

Will the cycle go unbroken, each generation going to war
Or will in this world we learn someday to live as one?
Once again to feel free to soar the skies of blue
Without the fear of anyone foreign?

http://www.TomandRodna.com/MoscowCares

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy