[Vision2020] Coronavirus mutations

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 15:41:36 PDT 2020

If you'd rather read instead of watch:
Short Abstract

We are facing the global shift of the SARS-CoV-2 variant — from D614 to
G614. The G614 variant is more infectious in laboratory settings; whether
it means increased viral spread in humans is unconfirmed. Current evidence
says that the G614 variant is not any deadlier than D614. And so, treatment
options should not be any more different. Both the D614 and G614 variants
should react similarly to vaccines, studies suggest, as the mutation does
not change the immunogenic part of the spike protein; that is, the
receptor-binding domain (RBD).

https://medium.com/@shinjieyong/what-the-d614g-mutation-means-for-covid-19-spread-fatality-treatment-and-vaccine-7dda1c066f0d

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA