[Vision2020] Trump Blames Plummeting Poll Numbers on People Paying Attention When He Talks (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Apr 27 11:12:26 PDT 2020

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-blames-plummeting-poll-numbers-on-people-paying-attention-when-he-talks

———————————————-
Trump Blames Plummeting Poll Numbers on People Paying Attention When He Talks

WASHINGTON, D.C. (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it a “disgraceful situation,” Donald J. Trump on Monday blamed his sinking poll numbers on people paying attention when he talks.

Noting that his approval rating has plummeted since he began holding coronavirus briefings, he said, “There are a lot of people out there who are listening to things I say and basing their opinions on them, and I think it’s very sad.”

In addition to people paying attention when he talks, Trump said that he was being “treated very unfairly by people who remember what I say.”

“People are listening to what I say one day and comparing it to something I said on a different day,” he said. “These are very sick and terrible people.”

Trump also lashed out at the pollsters themselves, who, he alleged, are “doing a hit job on me” by seeking the opinions of people who listened to things he said.

“The fact that they’re talking to people who have listened to me proves how crooked and rigged these polls are,” he said. “People who haven’t listened to me think I’m doing great.”

Trump said that, if people persist in listening to him, he may stop talking altogether. “I think that’s a really good plan,” Trump said. “Dr. Fauci suggested it to me.”

http://www.MoscowCares.com