[Vision2020] Dr. Oz Fears That Coronavirus Comments Could Hurt His Credibility as Expert on Magic Beans (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Apr 18 10:44:02 PDT 2020

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/dr-oz-fears-that-coronavirus-comments-could-hurt-his-credibility-as-expert-on-magic-beans

———————————————
Dr. Oz Fears That Coronavirus Comments Could Hurt His Credibility as Expert on Magic Beans

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Dr. Oz is deeply concerned that his controversial comments about the coronavirus could damage his hard-earned credibility as an expert on magic beans, Dr. Oz confirmed on Friday.

“I’ve worked long and hard to establish myself as the world’s leading authority on the magical weight-loss powers of green-coffee-bean extract,” Oz said. “It’s horrifying to think that my stature in the field of magic-beanology could vanish overnight, like unwanted pounds.”

Oz pleaded with viewers not to judge him based on a few unfortunate comments but, rather, to consider his entire body of medical work, including his pioneering research into the fat-burning superpowers of raspberry ketones.

“A few ill-considered remarks don’t change the fact that I’m the same Dr. Oz who recommended curing restless-leg syndrome by placing a bar of lavender soap under your sheets,” he said. “And should one slip of the tongue erase all the times I’ve promoted astrology, faith healing, and psychic communication with the dead? I should hope not.”

But even as he defended his unimpeachable scientific record, Oz acknowledged that the coronavirus controversy has left him badly shaken. “In my darkest moments, I wonder if people will ever believe me again when I tell them that umckaloabo-root extract cures the common cold,” he said.

http://www.MoscowCares.com