[Vision2020] Look what I found among my old Army photos . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Apr 9 10:10:34 PDT 2020

In October 1986 I was assigned to Company D, 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry (Mechanized) (Harvey Barracks - Kitzingen, Germany) as a platoon sergeant.  The unit deployed on a training exercise, ten kilometers from the East German border.  Once we got situated, the company commander suggested that I take second platoon on a training patrol, which I did.

While on training, we came across a 1-K sign.  I knew that I had to get my butt and the platoon’s butts out of their quickly . . . but not until I get a photo of the sign.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Photos/Germany/1K_Zone_101686.jpg

http://www.MoscowCares.com