[Vision2020] Month of the Military Child Essay: Not the normal life

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon May 6 10:11:36 PDT 2019

Courtesy of the Stuttgart Citizen (military community news - Stuttgart, Germany) at:

https://www.stuttgartcitizen.com/schools/month-of-the-military-child-essay-not-the-normal-life/?utm_source=The+Citizen&utm_campaign=57cbf8a5db-USAG_Stuttgart_Daily_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5d1698effb-57cbf8a5db-259988733

———————————————-
Month of the Military Child Essay: Not the normal life
By Evelyn Dupont
Patch Middle School, 8th Grade

What does it mean to be a military-connected child?

When you look at me, you see a young girl. You assume I’m a normal child with normal parents and and normal life. Military life like mine is everything but normal. I have to deal with many challenges every day. I have to move, make new friends, say goodbye to parents, and leave a life behind. However, without the military I wouldn’t be me.

I have lived all around the world. Every time I move, I know I won’t be there for long. I know I will make and lose friends. I know I can’t get attached to things because it will just make it harder to leave. However, I’m glad I’m able to move. I have made friends all around the world and I get to see the whole world. I have even moved to different countries. Moving has given me the opportunity to experience things not a lot of kids have.

I can’t imagine me not as a military kid. Military is part of me and that can’t be taken away. If I wasn’t a military kid, I wouldn’t be the “me” who I love today.

So you can see what it means to be a military child. You have to deal with a lot of hardships but in the end, it’s all worth it. Military has made me who I am and I am forever thankful. That’s why I love the military.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

“You’re a Mean One, Mr. Trump”
http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Songs/Donald_Trump/Youre_a_Mean_One_Mr_Trump.mp3