[Vision2020] U.N.C. Charlotte Shooting Leaves 2 Dead and 4 Wounded

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Wed May 1 14:21:30 PDT 2019

I am not in sympathy with the "carry everywhere" crowd, but guns on campus
in North Carolina are illegal:

Laws Concerning Carrying Concealed Firearms on Campus in North Carolina

North Carolina law prohibits any person, including a concealed handgun
permit holder, from carrying a firearm, openly or concealed, on educational
property or at a curricular or extracurricular activity sponsored by a
school. *This law has some exceptions,* however, including that an employee
of an institution who lives in a certain type of campus residence may carry
a handgun on the employee’s residential premises. Furthermore, it allows a
permit holder to store a firearm in a locked vehicle in the parking area of
the institution of higher education.

See N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-269.2(b)
<http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-269.2.html>

<http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-269.2.html>Updated:
August 1, 2018

Homicide is also illegal, but it didn't deter the shooter.

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA