[Vision2020] Beto O’Rourke Rocked by Scandal as High-School Mixtape Appears to Include REO Speedwagon (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Mar 15 09:12:32 PDT 2019

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://tinyurl.com/Beto-Shocker

———————————————-
Beto O’Rourke Rocked by Scandal as High-School Mixtape Appears to Include REO Speedwagon

IOWA CITY, IOWA (The Borowitz Report)—The nascent Presidential campaign of Beto O’Rourke took a serious hit on Friday with the leak of a high-school-era mixtape by the candidate that included a song by REO Speedwagon.

The mixtape, which prominently featured the song “Keep on Loving You,” sent shockwaves through the O’Rourke campaign, forcing the candidate to address the controversy on the hustings.

“In my youth, I put a song on a mixtape that I deeply regret adding,” O’Rourke told a stunned crowd at an Iowa City diner. “REO Speedwagon does not represent who I am.”

The Democratic strategist Tracy Klugian cautioned that O’Rourke’s apology might not have put the mixtape scandal to rest.

“If that’s the only tape out there, then Beto moves on from this,” he said. “But if a mixtape comes out with Air Supply on it, he’s done.”

http://www.MoscowCares.com