[Vision2020] "Global Temperature in 2018 and Beyond" James Hansen , Makiko Satoa , Reto Ruedy, Gavin A. Schmidt , Ken Lob,

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 20:42:35 PDT 2019

Former Goddard Institute for Space Studies director James Hansen and
current director Gavin Schmidt are both listed as co-authors of this
article:
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett
http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/mailings/2019/20190206_Temperature2018.pdf

Global Temperature in 2018 and Beyond

James Hansena , Makiko Satoa , Reto Ruedyb,c Gavin A. Schmidtc , Ken Lob,c

Abstract. Global surface temperature in 2018 was the 4th highest in the
period of instrumental measurements in the Goddard Institute for Space
Studies (GISS) analysis. The 2018 global temperature was +1.1°C (~2°F)
warmer than in the 1880-1920 base period; we take that base period as an
estimate of ‘pre-industrial’ temperature. The four warmest years in the
GISS record all occur in the past four years, and the 10 warmest years are
all in the 21st century. We also discuss the prospects for near-term global
temperature change.