[Vision2020] New rules for citizenship- not Satire

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 17:22:09 PDT 2019

Having gone and read the memo (but not understood everything) I did get one
take-away. Say you were born to Mexican parents in the US. That makes you a
citizen. Then your parents take you back to Mexico, where you live, and say
you marry a US citizen also living in Mexico. Unless you actually live in
the US for ten continuous years, any children you have in Mexico aren't
considered US citizens. This of course applies to all countries not just
Mexico. This is a major change in interpretation of the law. Previously,
children born to US citizens living abroad were considered citizens,
regardless of residency.
.
Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA