[Vision2020] Gun control in Moscow (the one in Idaho) . . . or lack thereof in Boise . . .

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 15:18:28 PDT 2019

The state preempted the city ordinance

 PREEMPTION OF FIREARMS REGULATION. (1) The legislature finds that uniform
laws regulating firearms are necessary to protect the individual citizen’s
right to bear arms guaranteed by amendment 2 of the United States
Constitution and section 11, article I of the constitution of the state of
Idaho. It is the legislature’s intent to wholly occupy the field of
firearms regulation within this state.
(2)  Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city,
agency, board or any other political subdivision of this state may adopt or
enforce any law, rule, regulation, or ordinance which regulates in any
manner the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession,
transportation, carrying or storage of firearms or any element relating to
firearms and components thereof, including ammunition.
https://www.idaho.gov/laws-public-safety/gun-weapon-law/

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA