[Vision2020] 3-31-19 Article on Economy: "The Trump slump is coming. It may be here already."

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 21:29:43 PDT 2019

While I certainly do not want to defend in total the Trump administration
economic policies, the downturn in the US economy which is being predicted
this year or within a couple of years, is to some extent part of an
economic cycle of growth and eventual recession or slowdown that could also
be occurring if H. Clinton had won the presidency.  Trump to a large degree
has taken undo credit for the growth in the US economy that was started
after the 2008 disaster, by economic policies during the Obama years.

One pattern that is rather obvious with Trump:  Don't give Obama credit for
anything, especially economic growth!
--------------------------------------
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett
***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2000 through life
plus 70 years, Ted Moffett.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce
outside the Vision2020.Moscow.com <http://vision2020.moscow.com/> forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****
------------------
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/3/31/1846173/-The-Trump-slump-is-coming-It-may-be-here-already?detail=emaildkre

The Trump slump is coming.  It may be here already.

Ian Reifowitz <https://www.dailykos.com/user/Ian%20Reifowitz>

March 31, 2019

 It appears this was the week where the economic fantasies put forth by The
Man Who Lost the Popular Vote came back to reality. The headlines on
Thursday were not pretty:

*Wall Street Journal*
<https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-gdp-growth-revised-down-to-2-2-rate-in-fourth-quarter-11553776293>:
U.S. Economy Had Less Momentum Heading Into 2019 as Corporate Profits
Stalled

*NBC News*
<https://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/economy-slumping-faster-expected-fourth-quarter-gdp-revised-down-n988331>:
Economy slumping faster than expected, with fourth-quarter GDP revised down

*Washington Post*