[Vision2020] THANK GOD !

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Fri Sep 28 11:24:01 PDT 2018

The Senate Judiciary Committee has just now voted to delay a floor vote on confirming Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court for one week . . . pending an FBI investigation into the sexual assault allegations presented by Dr. Ford.

Courtesy of CNN at:

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/kavanaugh-senate-committee-vote/index.html

———————————————

Here's what just happened — and what we think it means
From CNN's Phil Mattingly
A lot just happened, there's no doubt about that.

There was some drama when Sen. Jeff Flake went missing from the meeting room and then came back -- with a condition on his "yes" vote.

So here's where things stand, as far as we can tell:

Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination has been approved. It now heads to the floor.
Sen. Jeff Flake voted yes on the grounds that he would get support to request a floor vote delay and a one week FBI investigation.
However, Flake has been given NO commitment by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
If McConnell moves forward without that investigation, Flake will vote against Kavanaugh.
Whether this happens or not rests with senators such as Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins, who have not announced how they plan to vote.

http://www.MoscowCares.com