[Vision2020] “Proposition 2: How did we get here and where are we going?” (re: Idaho health care)

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Fri Sep 21 13:28:49 PDT 2018

Emily Strizich and Dr. Dan Schmidt presented "Proposition 2: How did we get here and where are we going?" at the Moscow League of Women Voters (Moscow LWV) forum Wednesday (Sept. 19) in the Great Room of the 1912 Community Center.

The public program discussed the history of Idaho’s health care policies and politics including: who has benefited and who has been left behind in the current system of care; and legislative efforts to improve Idaho’s health care system and
why they haven’t been successful.

They presented information about a citizen-led initiative to expand coverage to 62,000 Idahoans that fall into the health care coverage gap, and the moral and financial benefit of voting yes on Proposition 2.

Strizich is co-founder of Reclaim Idaho and co-chair of Idahoans for Healthcare. Schmidt is a family physician and former Idaho state senator.

Videos and photos of this presentation are accessible at:

“Proposition 2: How did we get here and where are we going?”
http://www.moscowcares.com/LWV/Prop_2_Health_Care_091918

Photos and videos of previous Moscow LWV presentations are accessible at:

http://www.MoscowCares.com