[Vision2020] " Death of Hippie" March: Haight-Ashbury 1967 Re: The Most Hippie Town In All 50 States

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:57:22 PDT 2018

Ha, ha!

La Conner Washington, in the Skagit Valley, might also be a candidate,
given Tom Robbins, author of "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues", lives there, or
did.
Talk about cashing in on so called "alternative" or "hippie" culture....
Tom Robbins' books might be considered in this context.

I spent time in La Conner and some the more, how shall I phrase it,
authentic alternative culture personalities were not exactly positive about
Robbins
local presence.

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett
---------------------------------------
https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/dropping-in-on-the-cowgirls-dude-tom-robbins/

Dropping in on the “Cowgirls” dude, Tom Robbins

* Originally published September 14, 2008 LA CONNER — Walk into the home of
writer Tom Robbins, in the picturesque waterfront town of La Conner, and
there’s no contest what catches your eye first.-----------------Robbins,
garbed in sunglasses, beige suit and black T-shirt, did not at all come off
as a flamboyant hippie-holdout thrill-seeker — but he does have an
extremely colorful lifetime’s worth of experiences to recount, and
idiosyncratic views to air.*

The most "hippie" town in Washington? Olympia, just because Evergreen State