[Vision2020] " Death of Hippie" March: Haight-Ashbury 1967 Re: The Most Hippie Town In All 50 States

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:27:03 PDT 2018

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett
***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2000 through life
plus 70 years, Ted Moffett.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce
outside the Vision2020.Moscow.com <http://vision2020.moscow.com/> forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****

Hippie: a ridiculous stereotype, as dehumanizing and as much  a violation
of the pursuit of individuality and ideological freedom of thought, as
"redneck," "white" vs. "black" culture, "liberal" vs "conservative," "male"
vs "female" personality etc., another box into which we can confine people
for the sake of easy distorting definitions of who or what we are, pursued
by some for the sake of marketing and manipulation of public opinion...

Need I go on?

Some in the Haight-Ashbury district in 1967 apparently agreed at least in
part with this assessment:

Comments below from website below:

http://theava.com/archives/15346

Death Of Hippie

*by John Wester*, April 26, 2012

"Organized by the Diggers
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diggers_%28theater%29>, residents of
Haight-Ashbury marched through the streets in early October, 1967, carrying
a coffin to symbolize the “Death of Hippie.”
-------
"The protest was against the commercialization of the hippie movement, or
the notion that it was a “movement” at all.
The Diggers maintained “hippie” was a phenomenon created by the media. The
residents wanted the media out of Haight-Ashbury."

Courtesy of *Thrillist* at: