[Vision2020] Was "Recycling:" Aluminum Can Litter Latah County Rural Roads

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 19:40:48 PDT 2018

Hi Andy-

There is no way you can make choices in our world without dealing with
"hypotheticals," one way or another.

Today I decided to collect aluminum can litter along a mile and a half
stretch of rural road in
Latah County.  I did not have a lot of time to devote, so this was just a
quick estimate of how many aluminum cans I might find in this limited
area.

Along one especially high density litter area, I stopped gathering cans
because it
was taking too long, and left behind many cans I could have gathered.  I
also left behind many cans that were too full of small rocks, dirt  and
debris to be easily recyclable.

I gathered 70 aluminum cans suitable for recycling in approximately a mile
and a half of rural road, all of them right next to or within a few steps
of the road.

Previously on this subject I wrote:

from: Ted Moffett <starbliss at gmail.com>
to: Andy Boyd <andyb at latahsanitation.com>
cc: Moscow Vision 2020 <vision2020 at moscow.com>
date: Sep 4, 2018, 9:28 PM
subject: Re: [Vision2020] Recycling

Oh well!  I guess picking up the aluminum beer cans that litter the rural