[Vision2020] Senator proudly cites DNA test to prove he’s nearly 1 percent veteran (SATIRE)

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Wed Oct 17 05:53:52 PDT 2018

Courtesy of the DuffelBlog at:

https://www.duffelblog.com/2018/10/senator-proudly-cites-dna-test-to-prove-hes-nearly-1-percent-veteran/?utm_source=Normal+Subscribers&utm_campaign=03ef0fc858-Duffel_Blog_Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6d392bc034-03ef0fc858-23783321&goal=0_6d392bc034-03ef0fc858-23783321&mc_cid=03ef0fc858&mc_eid=48e6937308

———————————————

Senator proudly cites DNA test to prove he’s nearly 1 percent veteran

BOSTON — Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Dickard Rosenthal has released the results of genetic testing to add legitimacy to his claim that he is “basically a veteran” and “should be treated as such”.

The DNA test shows that he has a distant grandparent that may have possibly fought in the Thirty Years War, the French Revolution, or was a member of a Mongol horde terrorizing eastern Europe in the 13th century, Roesnthal said in a press release and a subsequent CNN-sponsored town hall event.

“I am proud to show the American people, and especially Donald Trump, that I am indeed pretty much a veteran, and the sacrifices on behalf of my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great (possibly) grandMOTHER’s (sic) service, between 300 and 1000 years ago, should not go unrecognized, or unrewarded,” Rosenthal’s press release reads.

“I am proud to possibly be tangentially related to someone who may have served something somewhere,” he added.

Rosenthal, a progressive firebrand widely considered to be a front-runner in the Democratic Party for the 2020 presidential primary, has faced repeated criticism for his decades-old claim of veteran status.

Records indicate the senator used his claim to be a veteran as a means to gain crucial status within a minority group as he applied to prestigious positions at Ivy League institutions and subsequently in his successful Senate run.

“Frankly, my previously uncorroborated claims were all I needed to be a veteran. But with this DNA test, I can now conclusively say I am distantly related to a veteran, which is basically the same as being one. It is now the responsibility of Donald Trump and his Republican allies to prove that I am not,” Rosenthal said.

http://www.MoscowCares.com