[Vision2020] Why I oppose Wilson

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Fri Oct 5 02:49:17 PDT 2018

Courtesy of today’s (October 5, 2018) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

———————————————

Letter: Why I oppose Wilson

In response to Doug Wilson's response ("Letter: Letter resorts to personal attacks," Sept. 26) to my letter about Logos School ("Letter: Consider history of Logos, Christ Church," Sept. 19): He once again drags out his favorite tired claim that those who oppose his organization are intolerant hypocrites because we see through his cult's veneer of respectability and don't say, "That's OK."

Although I am an atheist, I do not oppose the Methodists, the Presbyterians, etc., so why object to the Kirk? My parents taught me that to be silent in the face of injustice and abuse is to be complicit. I am morally opposed to an organization whose very ideological foundation reduces 50 percent of humans to a subservient position in society. When an organization, a government or a church takes the position that a group - in this case, women - are to be submissive to men, to hold no authority in the household or society, it opens the door to abuse. Yes, I am intolerant of abuse and ideologies that lead to it. In a civilized society, we are obligated to speak for the downtrodden and marginalized.

A particular example that is on record in which Doug Wilson's history speaks for itself is his support of the seminary student who sexually abused a 13-year-old girl at the home he was living in. His own written words make his ideology regarding women crystal clear. My intention is to enlighten the community so they will not be fooled into thinking that Christ Church, New Saint Andrews College and Logos School are harmless ethical or moral organizations.

Moscow citizens have the right to learn about the dirty secret that squats in our midst like a Lovecraftian beast stretching slimy tentacles outward to grasp and devour anything it feels entitled to.

Holli Cooper
Moscow

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com