[Vision2020] Not my Savior

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Sat May 19 03:26:38 PDT 2018

Courtesy of today’s (May 19, 2018) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Lorna Bickerdyke.

———————————————

Letter: Not my Savior

I recently read with horror and disbelief from the blog "Having Two Legs," subtitled "#MeToo & Our American Guilt Crack," posted by Toby J. Sumpter, who calls himself the pastor at Christ Church here in Moscow. After reading his blog, I am not sure he is a pastor, as he claims, but instead I think he is the devil incarnate, spewing forth filth that he claims is in line with the gospel of the Savior. Have you ever heard the Savior use these words?

I quote directly from his blog: "The #MeToo movement is a complete scam, a complete con-job, a full-throated cheat. #MeToo is a diseased pig wearing a dinner gown and a ludicrous smear of lipstick. #MeToo is a hag with hairy legs shuffling around in a pink tutu. #MeToo is an obese butch with a smoker's voice trying to sing a lullaby. #MeToo is a parasitic farce that sucks the blood of a charade that picks fleas from a travesty of a lie that was so lame they gave it a Nobel Peace Prize. It's a sham, a speckled corpse, a black tooth, a fraud."

I believe in freedom of speech and have no problem with him expressing his feelings toward the #MeToo movement as well as the other subjects he spews vomit about in his blog.

However, I strongly object to someone using the Savior as his "fall boy," the one he purports to be supportive of his hatred and prejudice toward others different from him. I know the scriptures well, and never once has the Savior taught anything else but love for each other, to love your neighbor as yourself, love one another as I have loved you ... all loving, all compassionately caring. This pseudo-pastor needs help. I hope he can find a good therapist to cure him of his illusions of being a Christian.

Lorna Bickerdyke
Moscow

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com