[Vision2020] A Chinese Hoax: Washington Post 6-13-18: Antarctic ice loss has tripled in a decade...We Are in Serious Trouble

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 18:42:50 PDT 2018

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-global-warming-hoax/

Verified quotes from Donald Trump from Snopes:

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order
to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."
"Ice storm rolls from Texas to Tennessee - I'm in Los Angeles and it's
freezing. Global warming is a total, and very expensive, hoax!"
--------------------------------------
Nature Journal peer reviewed science article can be read at website first
belowMass balance of the Antarctic Ice Sheet from 1992 to 2017
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-018-0179-y

Antarctic ice loss has tripled in a decade. If that continues, we are in
serious trouble.
by Chris Mooney <https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/chris-mooney/> June
13

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2018/06/13/antarctic-ice-loss-has-tripled-in-a-decade-if-that-continues-we-are-in-serious-trouble/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7eb7e0bd91bd

Antarctica’s ice sheet is melting at a rapidly increasing rate, now pouring
more than 200 billion tons of ice into the ocean annually and raising sea
levels a half-millimeter every year, a team of 80 scientists reported
Wednesday.

The melt rate has tripled in the past decade, the study concluded. If the
acceleration continues, some of scientists’ worst fears about rising oceans
could be realized, leaving low-lying cities and communities with less time
to prepare than they had hoped.

The result also reinforces that nations have a short window — perhaps no
more than a decade — to cut greenhouse-gas emissions if they hope to avert
some of the worst consequences of climate change.

Antarctica, the planet’s largest ice sheet, lost 219 billion tons of
ice annually from 2012 through 2017 — approximately triple the 73
billion-ton melt rate of a decade ago, the scientists concluded. From 1992
through 1997, Antarctica lost 49 billion tons of ice annually.

The study is the product of a large group of Antarctic experts who
collectively reviewed 24 recent measurements of Antarctic ice loss,
reconciling their differences to produce the most definitive figures yet
on changes in Antarctica. Their results — known formally as the “Ice Sheet
Mass Balance Inter-Comparison Exercise <http://imbie.org/about-the-project/>”
(IMBIE) — were published Wednesday in the journal Nature
<https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-018-0179-y>.