[Vision2020] Man Wins “Why Trump Shouldn’t Go to Prison” Essay Contest (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jul 10 09:31:10 PDT 2018

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://tinyurl.com/Why-Trump-Nominated-Kavanaugh

———————————————
Man Wins “Why Trump Shouldn’t Go to Prison” Essay Contest

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A Washington, D.C., man has won a nationwide essay contest on the topic “Why Donald J. Trump Shouldn’t Go to Prison.”

The man, Brett Kavanaugh, received his award for the winning essay at a ceremony at the White House on Monday night.

Kavanaugh’s essay, which was distributed to the press shortly after he was announced as the winner, reads as follows: “Donald J. Trump should never go to prison because he is the President of the United States and the President of the United States is a very important person in the country. It would look bad if visitors from foreign countries came to the United States and asked, ‘Where is your President?’ and we had to say, ‘He is in prison,’ which in my opinion is another reason Donald J. Trump should not go to prison. For these reasons, if I am ever in a position to keep Donald J. Trump from going to prison, I will do that (keep him from going to prison).”

Shaking Kavanaugh’s hand, Trump heaped praise on him for his “very, very beautiful” essay, calling it “maybe the best essay that has ever been written.”

“I did not personally read it, but Ivanka read it aloud to me, and I thought it was fantastic,” Trump said.

http://www.MoscowCares.com