[Vision2020] Fwd. Jill Stein Email, 1-25-18: "Fighting for 1st ever exam of critical election software"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 17:00:24 PST 2018

*This quote attributed to Joseph Stalin was not part of the Jill Stein
email.  Nonetheless, it appears rather relevant to the issues...*

*"You know, comrades," says Stalin, "that I think in regard to this: I
consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but
what is extraordinarily important is this — who will count the votes, and
how." *

https://www.thoughtco.com/stalin-it-isnt-the-people-who-vote-that-count-3299175

*Update:* *A historical source has been found for one version of this
quote.* The source is Boris Bazhanov's *Memoirs of Stalin's Former
Secretary* <http://www.panrus.com/books/details.php?langID=1&bookID=5905>,
published in 1992 and only available, so far as I know, in Russian
<http://lib.ru/MEMUARY/BAZHANOW/stalin.txt>. The pertinent passage, which
appears near the end of chapter five, reads as follows (loosely translated
with the help of Google):