[Vision2020] Huh?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jan 25 12:28:27 PST 2018

During my Moscow morning cruise it was suggested that I stop by City Hall and take notice of the name engraved on the plaque on the bench at the City Hall’s entrance.

Well, this is what I found . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Benches/City_Hall_Bench_01.jpg

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Benches/City_Hall_Bench_02.jpg

Excuse me, but I was of the impression that a bench had already been constructed in “honor” to Walter Steed . . . an enclosed bench . . . about a year ago, or so . . . in Friendship Square . . . complete with these few words engraved on the plaque paying tribute to Walter Steed’s service to the community of Moscow . . .

“DON’T FORGET TO FLUSH”

I have been further informed that Walter Steed will be leaving Moscow to live in Meridian (Idaho) by the end of January.

Moscow Cares has sent a “Thank You” card to the Meridian City Council.  More on that later.

In our own fashionable tribute to Walter Steed, might I suggest that we honor Walter Steed with a Municipal Flush Day every February 1st.  Who’s with me?

Another question:  Why a bench for Walter Steed and NOT one for John Weber?

http://www.MoscowCares.com