[Vision2020] A tribute to . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Feb 10 16:25:42 PST 2018

. . . 1974
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/1974.jpg

Rodna and I were married in 1974.  I was active duty Army, born and raised in southern California.  She was born and raised in north Idaho.  So, naturally we were married in Chapel by the Sea . . . Newport Naval Base (Newport, Rhode Island).

(Earlier I reenlisted for Court Reporter School.  The only military Court Reporter School was located at Newport Naval Base.)

Rodna and I met six weeks earlier at My Brothers Place, a tavern in Newport.  I was out bar hopping with a couple sailor friends.  So, there I was . . . a single, slightly inebriated soldier.  We danced and danced and so on and so on and . . .

I flunked out of the Court Reporter class.  For some reason they frown on students showing up late . . . and drunk . . . for finals.

We partied so much that I was broke when I came down on orders for Fort Dix, New Jersey.

We ended up hitch-hiking from Newport, Rhode Island To Fort Dix, New Jersey.

Rodna joined me at each of my assignments . . . Fort Dix, New Jersey . . . Camp Humphreys (Anjong-Ri, South Korea) . . . Presidio of San Francisco, California . . . Kelley Barracks (Stuttgart, Germany) . . . Fort Irwin, California . . . Harvey Barracks (Kitzingen, Germany) . . . until I retired in July 1989.

Enough ‘bout me.

CRANK IT UP for the top ten Rock ‘n Roll hits of 1974 . . .

10.  “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/Sweet_Home_Alabama.mp3

9.  “Rock On” by David Essex
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/Rock_On.mp3

8.  “Come and Get Your Love” by Redbone
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/Come_and_Get_Your_Love.mp3

7.  “Boogie Down” by Eddie Kendricks
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/Boogie_Down.mp3

6.  “Dancing Machine” by the Jackson Five
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/Dancing_Machine.mp3

5.  “Nothing From Nothing” by Billy Preston
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/Nothing_From_Nothing.mp3

4.  “The Joker” by the Steve Miller Band
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/The_Joker.mp3

3.  “Bennie and the Jets” by Elton John
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/Bennie_and_the_Jets.mp3

2.  “I Can Help” by Billy Swan
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/I_Can_Help.mp3

1.  “The Loco-Motion” by Grand Funk Railroad
http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/1974/The_LocoMotion.mp3

http://www.MoscowCares.com