[Vision2020] Guess what I discovered parked in the 116th Engineer Brigade’s motor pool, right here in Moscow (the one in Idaho)

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 22:42:20 PST 2018

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett
***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2000 through life
plus 70 years, Ted Moffett.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce
outside the Vision2020.Moscow.com <http://vision2020.moscow.com/> forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****
-----------------------------------

Wow!  A discrepancy worth clarifying?  Is it the 116th or the 126th....

But don't be concerned.  Our nation's military is in capable and sane
hands.  The commander in chief has blamed Democrats for undermining our
military if they oppose his fear mongering demagogic addenda on DACA, and
other immigrant related issues, if Democrat's opposition leads to a
government shutdown.  Got that straight?  Good!  Because you don't want to
appear opposed to supporting national defense, do you?

http://www.newsweek.com/government-shutdown-military-donald-trump-780468

"....Because of the Democrats not being interested in life and safety, DACA
has now taken a big step backwards. The Dems will threaten 'shutdown,' but
what they are really doing is shutting down our military, at a time we need
it most. Get smart, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" the president tweeted Friday
morning.
-----------------------------------
This tactic of plastering Democrats with the anti-military label is an old
trick.

And of course to fan the patriotic flames of militaristic nationalism, also
on old trick of the Republicans, as the commander in chief drapes himself
in the flag, we have this proposed spectacle:

Trump’s ‘marching orders’ to the Pentagon: Plan a grand military parade

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-marching-orde
rs-to-the-pentagon-plan-a-grand-military-parade/2018/02/06/
9e19ca88-0b55-11e8-8b0d-891602206fb7_story.html?utm_term=.4d29941df0a0

By Greg Jaffe <https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/greg-jaffe/> and Philip
Rucker <https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/philip-rucker/> Feb 6

President Trump’s vision of soldiers marching and tanks rolling down the
boulevards of Washington is moving closer to reality in the Pentagon and
White House, where officials say they have begun to plan a grand military
parade later this year showcasing the might of America’s armed forces.

Trump has long mused publicly and privately about wanting such a parade,
but a Jan. 18 meeting between Trump and top generals in the Pentagon’s tank
— a room reserved for top-secret discussions — marked a tipping point,
according to two officials briefed on the planning.

Surrounded by the military’s highest-ranking officials, including Defense
Secretary Jim Mattis and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Joseph F.
Dunford Jr., Trump’s seemingly abstract desire for a parade was suddenly
heard as a presidential directive, the officials said.

“The marching orders were: I want a parade like the one in France,” said a
military official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the
planning discussions are supposed to remain confidential. “This is being
worked at the highest levels of the military.”

Shows of military strength are not typical in the United States — and they
don’t come cheap. The cost of shipping Abrams tanks and high-tech hardware
to Washington could run in the millions, and military officials said it was
unclear how they would pay for it.

Rucker <https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/philip-rucker/> February 6