[Vision2020] My own two feet . . .

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Sun Feb 4 05:45:07 PST 2018

“My Own Two Feet” by Abu Malik
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/My_Own_Two_Feet.mp3

My pockets are empty as they are too often
The crease in these old jeans is too hard to soften.
So, people see me coming from miles away
And they poke their friends with a jab and say.

“Hey, look at him.  Ain’t he strange?
Look at that.  Thin as a page.
Where does he live?  Do you know?
No.  Wait.  Stop.  Be quiet ‘till he goes.

Is he gone now?  Yeah.  But his steps are slow.
I guess there’s no hurry to get home to the rats and the crows.
Or the dusty floorboard that he calls a bed.
Yeah, but he’s got all the room in the world to rest his head.”

That’s true.  I do.  And I sleep to dream.
The unconscious mind is more real than it seems.
In here my hope is real.
And I don’t worry about those who kill or steal.

So, I’m comfortable here on my own two feet.
Later tonight God and I will finally meet.
And the world will be quiet except for the cheers;
Nations of people without pain or fear.

A world full of hope and eyes open wide
Where hatred and bigotry can no longer hide.
And hands of every color take hold of each other
And every woman is respected as a sister or a mother.

So, I’m closing my eyes to finally see
A brand new world where every human being is free.
And the only thing I’ll need when I walk down the street
Are my two empty pockets and my own two feet.

http://www.MoscowCares.com