[Vision2020] Recycling

rhayes at frontier.com rhayes at frontier.com
Thu Aug 30 16:41:13 PDT 2018

I tend to take my recycling to the bins at the center rather than drag the green curbside out to the street with my meager offerings. I am careful to separate the various materials into the proper categories and deposit them accordingly. When I look into the bins at the recycling center, I am appalled at the garbage I see in them/  A few weeks ago I saw an inflatable swimming pool taking up a good portion of the mixed plastic bin. On Wednesday this week I took my recyclables and saw tin in the aluminum bin, aluminum in the plastic bin, and a whole lot of just plain trash in a lot of the bins.  No wonder the market for recyclables is going downhill. Too much containments in the stream. Are people uneducated about what and what quality is recyclable, or just too lazy to care? Roger