[Vision2020] Who dat?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 18:46:48 PDT 2018

This is a wild guess...And the photo by itself alone might not inspire this
guess.  But Jeanne McHale
was in the U of I chemistry department, if memory serves me, *in 1983*.
Looks like chemistry diagrams
on the blackboard?

Still, I doubt the photo shows her!  It just does not look like my memory
of her from those days!
And my memory is never wrong!

Ha!

However, this following academic information indicates she is or
was affiliated with the University of Washington,
after leaving the U of I?  I did not know this...
The photo on this website looks like her!
https://science-math.wright.edu/alumni-and-giving/profile/jeanne-mchale-phd-75-bs
"In 1980, Dr. McHale became a chemistry faculty member at the University of
Idaho (UI) where she taught chemistry and conducted pioneering research
work
in resonance Raman spectroscopy."

"Dr. McHale’s tenure at UI was punctuated by many awards: in 1989, she was
elected as a Fellow to the American Association for the Advancement of
Science
(AAAS) and, in 1999, she received the UI Award for Excellence in Research.
In 2004, Dr. McHale joined the Department of Chemistry at the University of
Washington where she currently conducts research in the area of solar
energy
conversion, using semiconductor nanoparticles sensitized with
light-absorbing dyes."
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

Linked below is a press photo I received today.