[Vision2020] FW: Latah County Fire Restrictions

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Wed Aug 8 10:46:16 PDT 2018

Below, and attached, is a message from the Idaho Department of Lands
regarding fire restrictions in our area.

The following acts are prohibited until further notice:

-          Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or
stove fire except within a designated recreation site or on their own land
and only within an owner-provided fire structure.

-          Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, building, or
designated recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet
in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.

Please be careful and vigilant.  It's not as bad as 2015 yet, but worse than
last year.  A little moisture would go a long way.

Your pal,

Area man

Latah County Chiefs,

Please see attached fire restriction order going into effect on Friday 8/10
at 0001 in the morning. We will be posting signs throughout the County and
our PIO's should be issuing press releases as we speak. Feel free to direct
any public or any questions you may have to me at our office here.

Also, Thursday and Friday are shaping up to be extremely critical fire
weather days. Not only temperatures(> 100 degrees), but low humidity's
(single digits), high instability (Haines of 6), high winds (15-20 gusts to
30) on Fri. and as of now slight chance of dry thunderstorms Friday night.

IDL and our cooperators have brought in a number of resources in preparing
for the aforementioned conditions, but should we get a fire in the next few
days, stay alert for extreme rates of spread, spotting issues and extreme
resistance to control.

Thanks,

Michael McManus

Assistant Fire Warden