[Vision2020] High times in Whitman County: Weedstock 2018 is ‘totally chill’

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Apr 24 13:16:18 PDT 2018

“The skunk-like aroma in the air helped bring about peace and the munchies, too.”

I never equated the sweet aroma of cannabis as “skunk-like”.

This may come as a total shock to some of you, but . . . yes . . . I have taken a toke or two (or . . . ).   However, I have not partaken since 1982.

Since the statute of limitations has expired decades ago . . .

San Francisco (1977) - A few times, after returning home from a night on the town, Rodna and I would get into the sack . . . turn on the TV . . . toke up . . . and watch Fernwood Tonight (a comical 70’s talk show).  NOTHING is funnier than watching Fernwood Tonight . . . under the influence.

Muna Kaserne, Bamberg, Germany (1972) - Johnny Parcelle, an old gasthaus-hopping buddy of mine, did A LOT of things together (most of them legal).  For instance . .

In 1972 smoking was permitted in mess halls.  There were ashtrays on tables along with teabags.  This made it comfortable (between meals) to enjoy a cigarette while drinking hot/cold tea while on break.

Let me preface this event with an explanation that “burning” tea leaves does not entail fire or smoke.  HOWEVER, burning tea leaves does emit an odor almost identical to marijuana.

In the summer of ‘72, while the mess hall was undergoing its AGI (annual general inspection), Johnny and I got this crazy idea . . . to tear open a couple teabags . . .pour the contents into the ashtray . . . light it up . . . and duck out of the mess hall.

We did this.  Within 15 minutes the mess hall was saturated with MPI (military police investigators) . . . while Johnny and I cranked up Johnny’s stereo . . . grabbed a couple beers . . . sat outside the barracks . . . and watched the MPs drive in and out the main gate.  Nothing ever came of this.

http://www.MoscowCares.com