[Vision2020] Suspect cited in Moscow school threat

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 19:55:02 PDT 2018

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett
---------------------------------------
>From Dnews.com website:

UPDATE: Man accused of threatening schools arrested following threat to
collection agency

   - Apr 18, 2018 Updated 6 hrs ago

The 26-year-old Moscow man who allegedly threatened back in March to "shoot
up" two Moscow schools today is in jail this morning.

Michael Dana Mastro Jr., who allegedly made the shooting threat last month
in a comment on YouTube, was jailed at 1:34 a.m. this morning with a charge
of "telephone use to harass," according to the online Latah County
sheriff's jail log.

Mastro allegedly telephoned a collection agency in Coeur d’Alene on Tuesday
and made threats against a representative at the center, a violation of the
conditions placed on his original misdemeanor charge.

During Mastro's arraignment this morning, Latah County 2nd District Court
Judge John Judge set Mastro's bond at $20,000. Judge said he typically does
not set misdemeanor bonds at such high levels, but he said he considers
Mastro to be a risk to the community due to the previous threat against
schools.

Mastro faces up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine for annoying,
threatening or terrifying with the use of a cellphone, Judge said.

Judge also approved the state's request to have a mental health evaluation
and review prior to Mastro’s release, if or when he is able to make bond.

“I do not have any confidence that he is willing or able to control this
tendency he has to threaten,” Judge said.

The Moscow Police Department had assigned an officer to monitor Mastro
today.

Mastro’s next hearing is set for 11 a.m. April 24.