[Vision2020] This Week at the LRC: FESTIVAL EDITION

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 11:28:06 PDT 2017

Here are links to two writing exercises from Nancy Casey, leader of our
Write for You writing group.
https://latahrecoverycenter.org/2017/09/18/write-for-you-change-of-season/
https://latahrecoverycenter.org/2017/09/18/write-for-you-i-forgot/

Rumor Control:  I heard a rumor the LRC is telling people that our Recovery
Peer Volunteers are the equivalent of a Recovery Coach.  We are not.
Becoming a certified Recovery Coach requires over 50 hours of training,
additional testing, and 100s of hours of interning.  Certified RCs may or
may not have lived experience. In Idaho a certified Recovery Coach occupies
a paraprofessional position:  While they may choose to volunteer, certified
RCs are eligible for reimbursement of about $15/hr by the state.

Recovery Peer Volunteer is strictly a term used by the LRC.  Our Recovery
Peer Volunteers are required to have lived experience, take our 6 hour
Recovery Peer Volunteer Training, pass our Board of Review, and have at
least 6 hours of interning.  RP volunteers work under the guidance of our
trained Recovery Coaches.  RP volunteers are not eligible for pay.  Despite
this, our RP volunteers are strongly encouraged to attend the full Recovery
Coach training to enhance their skills.

Clearly, these are not equivalent positions.

BACK TO THE IMPORTANT STUFF-Special this week:
9/20, 7pm Intro to Recovery International: Dr. Lowe's Mental Health Self
Help System
9/21, 1pm Helping Without Hurting in You Role as a Recovery Coach (webinar)
9/23, 4-9pm, Latah County Fairgrounds, Latah Recovery Festival:  Recovery
Out Loud.  Chili Cook-Off (contact us for instructions), inspirational
recovery stories, keynote address by Police Chief Fry, music by Jim Boland
and the Intentions.  BE THERE!!!
Please consider posting the attached flyer in your office, car, home, etc.

Here is the full September schedule.

*September at the Latah Recovery Center*

Alcoholics Anonymous
                *Every day, noon*

Positive Affirmations
                                *Mondays and Weds 1:10-2*

Make Your Hobby Pay
                *1st Monday of month, 6-7pm*

Refuge Recovery 420 E. 2nd St*
Mondays, 7pm*

Recovery Peer Volunteer Training (RSVP by 9/9)
Monday 9/11 AND 9/18 6-9pm

Yoga (Hosted by Moscow Yoga Ctr)
*Tuesdays 12:30-1:30*

Life Skills
                *Tuesdays 5-6 *

Chess w/Steve
                                *Tues and Thurs* *5-6*

Narcotics Anonymous        *
                Tuesdays and Fridays 6-7*

Domestic Abuse Support Group*
                Tuesdays 6-7*

Art w/Alex
*Tuesdays 7-8*

Prescription Addiction Support Group             *
Tuesdays 7-8*

Families and Caregivers of Addicts Support Group
*Wednesdays 6-7*

Intro to Recovery Int’l-Dr. Lowe’s Self-Help System
Wednesday 9/20 OR 9/27 7-8:30

Helping Without Hurting in Your Role as a Recovery Coach
     Thursday,
Sept. 21, 1

Get It Written (Writing Group)
*Thursdays 11-12 AND 6-7*

Write For You
                *Thursdays 3-4*

New Volunteer Orientation
                *Thursdays 4-5*

Q and A about Resumes, PowerPoint and MSWord
Thursday, 9/7, 6:30

LAMI:  Family Support Program
                *2nd Thurs of month 7-8:30*

LRC Birthday Party
Friday 9/1, 11-2

All Recovery Meeting
                                *Fridays 5-6*

Movie/Games:  Check website for listing
                *Fridays 6:30-9*

Latah Recovery Festival:  Recovery Out Loud (@Fairgrounds)
Saturday, 9/23 4-9

Bingo
Saturday, 9/30 4-8

Learn How to Crochet & Calm Your Mind
*4th Sat of month, 10-12*

Adult Children of Alcoholics, Women’s Meeting
*Sundays 6-7:30*

*Classes and Groups are ALWAYS FREE OR AT COST AND OPEN TO ALL.*

RSVP LatahRecoveryCenter at gmail.com Bolded=Regular offering.  Plain
text=Special offering for month.

Need an understanding person to talk to?  We have Recovery Peer Volunteers
here to help you in recovery from mental health and addiction issues all
hours of operation. We are here to help!