[Vision2020] A tribute to . . .

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 21:30:04 PDT 2017

It's interesting how Buffalo Springfield on their last album "Last Time
Around" shifted more toward a country music sound, in part due to band
members Richie Furay and Jim Messina, who later formed the country rock
band Poco.

The Byrds, another famous band from the same time period as Buffalo
Springfield, also later went country with the album "Sweetheart of the
Rodeo."  I once played this album for someone who wanted to hear the Byrds,
and they could not believe what they were hearing.

So much for stereotypes!

So called "rock'n roll" music helped to promote the popularity of country
music coming from bands not often thought of as influences on country.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett