[Vision2020] Defend DACA

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Wed Sep 6 07:45:38 PDT 2017

On September 5th the Trump administration made an announcement virtually terminating DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals). DACA is a program for undocumented immigrants who were brought to the U.S. by their parents before they were 16. The program was instituted by President Obama in 2012. Since then it has helped more than 800,000 undocumented youth get protection from deportation and have given them the ability to work legally in the U.S. and, often, to provide for their families. It is not a perfect system, and has no definite path to citizenship, but it has helped thousands of people.

This event is meant to be a place for allies to stand in solidarity with community members who will be most impacted by this announcement. We want to show our community and our nation that we in Moscow do not support Trump's attempts to force people to live in fear!

Videos and photos of this event are accessible at:

"Defend DACA"
http://moscowcares.com/Defend_DACA/

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com