[Vision2020] This Week at the Latah Recovery Center

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 11:35:43 PDT 2017

Our latest Recovery Radio blog is here:
https://latahrecoverycenter.org/2017/09/01/recovery-radio-83117/

Lots of people in recovery from mental health and addiction issues have a
record.  If you have a felony and are looking for work, we've updated our
Felony Friendly Employer list.
https://latahrecoverycenter.org/2017/08/30/updated-felony-friendly-employers-list/

If you would like an overview of the skills needed to coach someone dealing
with mental health or addiction issues, Recovery Peer Volunteer Training is
for you!  This two part training is on Sept. 11 and 18, 6-9.  Please RSVP
by 9/9.  Full details attached.  This training is required for LRC
volunteers wishing to coach.

Did you know September is National Recovery Month?  Here are some special
activities at the LRC:
September 8, 6-8.  Vandal Town Block Party-come visit our table.
September 23, 4-9:  Latah Recovery Festival:  Recovery Out Loud at the
fairgrounds.  Live music, chili cook-off, inspiring talks about recovery,
childrens games and more.

Need help with resumes, or to learn about Powerpoint or MSWord?  Come to
our training on 9/7, 6:30pm!

A big THANK YOU to Welcome Home Property Mgmt for some recent handyman work
done at The Center!

*September at the Latah Recovery Center*

Alcoholics Anonymous
                *Every day, noon*

Positive Affirmations
                                *Mondays and Weds 1:10-2*

Make Your Hobby Pay
                *1st Monday of month, 6-7pm*

Refuge Recovery 420 E. 2nd St*
Mondays, 7pm*

Recovery Peer Volunteer Training (RSVP by 9/9)
Monday 9/11 AND 9/18 6-9pm

Yoga (Hosted by Moscow Yoga Ctr)
*Tuesdays 12:30-1:30*

Life Skills
                *Tuesdays 5-6 *

Chess w/Steve
                                *Tues and Thurs* *5-6*

Narcotics Anonymous        *
                Tuesdays and Fridays 6-7*

Domestic Abuse Support Group*
                Tuesdays 6-7*

Art w/Alex
*Tuesdays 7-8*

Prescription Addiction Support Group             *
Tuesdays 7-8*

Families and Caregivers of Addicts Support Group
*Wednesdays 6-7*

Intro to Recovery Int’l-Dr. Lowe’s Self-Help System
Wednesday 9/20 OR 9/27 7-8:30

Helping Without Hurting in Your Role as a Recovery Coach
     Thursday,
Sept. 21, 1

Get It Written (Writing Group)
*Thursdays 11-12 AND 6-7*

Write For You
                *Thursdays 3-4*

New Volunteer Orientation
                *Thursdays 4-5*

Q and A about Resumes, PowerPoint and MSWord
Thursday, 9/7, 6:30

LAMI:  Family Support Program
                *2nd Thurs of month 7-8:30*

LRC Birthday Party
Friday 9/1, 11-2

All Recovery Meeting
                                *Fridays 5-6*

Movie/Games:  Check website for listing
                *Fridays 6:30-9*

Latah Recovery Festival:  Recovery Out Loud (@Fairgrounds)
Saturday, 9/23 4-9

Bingo
Saturday, 9/30 4-8

Learn How to Crochet & Calm Your Mind
*4th Sat of month, 10-12*

Adult Children of Alcoholics, Women’s Meeting
*Sundays 6-7:30*

*Classes and Groups are ALWAYS FREE OR AT COST AND OPEN TO ALL.*

RSVP LatahRecoveryCenter at gmail.com Bolded=Regular offering.  Plain
text=Special offering for month.

Need an understanding person to talk to?  We have Recovery Peer Volunteers
here to help you in recovery from mental health and addiction issues all
hours of operation. We are here to help!