[Vision2020] Not a fake story? 10-16-17 Florida Gov. Declares State of Emergency for White Nationalist

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 19:52:59 PDT 2017

At first I thought this was really really fake news!  Too incredible.

I guess not...

$500,000 on security?  A typo?

What?
---------------------------------------
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/florida-state-of-emergency-declared-for-white-nationalist/2017/10/16/02ae4e76-b299-11e7-9b93-b97043e57a22_story.html?utm_term=.e59567ebd4fb

Florida state of emergency declared for white nationalist
By Gary Fineout | AP
National <https://www.washingtonpost.com/national>
October 16 at 5:42 PM

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Citing past clashes and protests, Florida Gov. Rick
Scott on Monday declared a state of emergency in advance of a speech white
nationalist Richard Spencer is scheduled to give at the University of
Florida.

The state’s Republican governor warned in an executive order Monday that a
“threat of a potential emergency is imminent” in Alachua County, in north
Florida. Spencer is slated to speak at the campus on Thursday and his
pending appearance has already sparked protests in the university town.

Spencer participated in a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville,
Virginia, that led to deadly violence in August.

Scott’s executive order will allow local law-enforcement authorities to
partner with state and other law-enforcement agencies to provide security
for the event. The university has already said it expects to spend $500,000
on security.

The governor is also activating the Florida National Guard to help with
security if it is needed. Scott said he declared the emergency after
discussing Spencer’s speech with Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell.

“We live in a country where everyone has the right to voice their opinion,
however, we have zero tolerance for violence and public safety is always
our number one priority,” Scott said in a statement. “This executive order
is an additional step to ensure that the University of Florida and the
entire community is prepared so everyone can stay safe.”